(i) Manager of your personal information
The Californian company Sahil Bhat is the manager of your personal information, and responsible for your personal data under applicable data protection law.
(ii) Personal information that we collect about you
We do not currently require our users to register in order to access the Site, but we reserve the right to do so in the future. In case we implement a registration process we undertake to comply with any privacy legislation applicable regarding the use of your personal information.
We may collect the following personal information that you voluntarily provide to us when you purchase at the Site:
- E-mail address
- Phone number
- Shipping address
- Billing address (in case it differs from Shipping address)
- Payment method information (Credit card or PayPal information)
- Purchases or browsing history
(iii) Use we give to the personal information collected
We may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- To manage your access to the Site, verify your identity, provide our products to you, manage your online purchase at the Site by processing your orders and returns through our online services, manage your payments, and address complaints and any other matter regarding the products ordered;
- To understand and respond to your questions or comments;
- To monitor and maintain the performance of the Site, analyze trends, use and activities regarding our online services;
- To send you updates and communications about our products and services or other promotional communications, such as newsletters, emails, or special offers or share your information with our marketing advisors so they can send promotional offers to you. Please note that if you wish to opt-out of receiving promotional emails or communications from us you must follow the instructions in Section 5 (opt-out policy), set forth below;
- To send you notices related to your orders. These may include order confirmations, invoices or customer service notifications. We may also send you other type of communications such as for example: emails communicating that the Site is temporarily out of service or that the shipping of a product is delayed or there are policy changes or updates, etc.
(iv) Third parties with whom we may share your personal information
We may, and you are granting us consent to do so by accepting these Terms, access and disclose your information, any communications sent or received by you, and any other information that we may have about you as may be permitted or required by law (including, but not limited to, court order or subpoena), or to prevent or investigate suspected fraud, violations of our Terms, or any activity that appears to us to be illegal or may expose us to legal liability. Additionally, we may disclose your information in situations that we understand that potential threats to the physical safety of any person or property may be involved. Also, we may share your personal information with affiliated businesses.
If Shapermart or any of its affiliated companies or businesses is sold or disposed of by merger, sale of assets or any other way, or in the event of an insolvency or bankruptcy, the personal information of our users may be one of the assets sold or merged in connection with that transaction and therefore in these cases your personal information will be disclosed. Also, personal information about our users may be disclosed in connection with commercial transactions by which we are seeking financing, investment, or any kind of financial support.
Additionally, we may hire other companies to perform certain business-related functions such as: mailing information, maintaining databases, online payment processors, and hosting services. When we hire a service provider to perform this kind of functions, we provide such service provider with the information that it needs to perform its specific function, which may include your personal information and other information made available by you through the Site. These service providers are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us.
In this regard, personal information may be disclosed to process credit card transactions, to third party banking and processing agents and institutions so they are able to verify and authorize your credit card or other payment information and to process your order. In addition, we may disclose information to other third parties to verify the authenticity of any financial transaction involving our company or its subsidiaries or in order to update your billing information.
(v) Our opt-out policy
To stop receiving newsletters or marketing communications from us or to opt out of having your email address shared with third parties, please: (i) click the unsubscribe link in the footer of any email, (ii) email us at [email protected].
(vi) Amending or updating personal information
You may request to access, correct, update or delete your personal information, by sending an email to [email protected] with the necessary information for us to process your request. We will respond to your request as soon as possible.
Unless required by law, we are not responsible for informing third parties with whom we have already shared your information of any changes requested pursuant to this section, or for removing information from the databases or records of such entities.
Security and Retention
We take reasonable steps to help protect personal information from any loss or un proper use. However, no internet or e-mail transmission is completely secure. Therefore, e-mails sent to or from any website may not be safe, and therefore you should be extremely careful when deciding what information you send to us via e-mail or through internet. Shapermart will not be liable for any security issue the user may suffer due to the use of our Site.
If you continue using the Site, we are assuming that you agree to the use of such cookies.